Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Wiki

I worked on the Home page, and using my notes from the meeting, I developed "Elements and Assumptions" as means of presenting the "givens". I will talk about these to the members at our organization meeting.
This might be a good time to talk about screencasting. Using Jing, I can provide screencasts for all of the important actions I might take as screencasts. I added a screencasts archive page to the wiki. I also added an Applications Matrix page, a page for stakeholders to share our progress and the "Guide's Space".
I have done a lot of work on what I call "A Transformational Learning Object" using Cmap. Much of the work with Web 2.0 free online applications. After much searching, I came upon a categorization of these tools done by at this site.
I have struggled mightily with the e-portfolio format for the member pages. I need to provide for documenting creation of new knowledge related to each of the tools as examined by the member. I also need to associate the knew learning with an opportunity for reflection. The problem is that I'm working with many to many relationships which are not well represented in a Wiki. While researching e-portfolios, I came across research done by Helen Barrett. The key element in what eventually became the solution to my problem was what Dr. Barrett developed as an e-portfolio matrix. I finally decided how to set up each members page and continue to fine tune them. I think the major elements of the wiki are in place and it's time to share what I have done with Mike and Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment