Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Applications Matrix

The Applications Matrix is where I display the apps that the cohort will engage. I have chosen the first four apps based on giving the members a chance for immediate success. Evernote will be a bit challenging, but is necessary for it's immediate usefulness. The real challenge is to present activities consistent with acquisition of minimum competency. I will need feedback from the members as they carry out the activities.

The next challenge is to provide useful scaffolding for each app. For these early apps I have scaffolded heavily. As time goes on, I will look to lessen the scaffolding, consistent with the members learning how they have learned to date. This should become apparent in the reflection done by each member.

Again, feedback will be welcomed. I have left undecided the second set of apps for the cohort. Delicious will certainly be one of them. The others will be decided 'just in time". The fact that I have purposely allowed for side trips may affect decisions relative to apps in future sets.

I've put a column in the Applications Matrix labeled, "A Favorite of". The idea is to feature members who have gained facility with an app who are willing to mentor other members who may need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment